Duration of Job: May – September
Hours per Week: 3 full weekends & one evening to per week – 3 hours per program
Location: Calgary – Bragg Creek
A Bike Instructor is responsible for the planning and implementation of safe and fun mountain bike lessons for Shred Sisters ‘ programs.
Your responsibilities will be delegated to you by your supervisor, and will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, guide, instruct, and coach a group of participants in a safe, fun, and student centered environment
• Provide professional, technical knowledge about mountain biking to participants
• Provide duty of care to the professional standard outlined by Shred Sisters Ltd.
• Commit 100% to the program and the personal achievement of your participants
• Teach within your abilities and knowledge qualifications
• Assess your participants. Provide positive, constructive, and simple feedback that will allow them to improve their skills
• Plan lesson in accordance to Shred Sisters Standards and align with PMBIA or BICP program.
• Take appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
• Adhere to our mission statement: Shred Sisters are a group of passionate women dedicated to improving your mountain biking skills in a fun and safe environment. We provide high quality teaching lead by the best local coaches. We are committed to your learning!
• Minimum Level 1 Professional Mountain Bike Instructors Association (PMBIA) course or Level BICP
• Minimum CPR 16 hours first aid course, Applicant with Wilderness First Aid 40 to 80 will be prioritize
• Read and understood the Risk Management plan and carry an EAP at all times. First aid kit and Emergency contact list for participants
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Good physical condition
• A passion for mountain biking and our women’s sport community
• Previous mountain bike instructing or coaching experience
• Past students of Shred Sisters or helpers will be given priority
• Instructing or coaching experience in other sports
• Strong mountain bike skills
• Local trail knowledge
• Guest service or sales experience
Wages are based on level of certification and experience
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.