Duration of Job: May – September
Hours per Week: Minimum of 4 programs – Full weekends & one to two evening to per week – 3 hours per program
Location: Canmore & Kimberley * updated January 11th 2022
A Bike Instructor is responsible for the planning and implementation of safe and fun mountain bike lessons for Shred Sisters ‘ programs.
Your responsibilities will be delegated to you by your supervisor, and will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, guide, instruct, and coach a group of participants in a safe, fun, and student centered environment
- Provide professional, technical knowledge about mountain biking to participants
- Provide duty of care to the professional standard outlined by Shred Sisters Ltd.
- Commit 100% to the program and the personal achievement of your participants
- Teach within your abilities and knowledge qualifications
- Assess your participants. Provide positive, constructive, and simple feedback that will allow them to improve their skills
- Plan lesson in accordance to Shred Sisters Standards and align with PMBIA or BICP program.
- Take appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Adhere to our mission statement: Shred Sisters are a group of passionate women dedicated to improving your mountain biking skills in a fun and safe environment. We provide high quality teaching led by the best local coaches. We are committed to your learning!
- Minimum Level 1 Professional Mountain Bike Instructors Association (PMBIA) course or Level BICP
- Minimum Wilderness First Aid 40
- Read and understood the Risk Management plan and carry an EAP at all times. First aid kit and Emergency contact list for participants
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Good physical condition
- A passion for mountain biking and our women’s sport community
- Previous mountain bike instructing or coaching experience
- Past students of Shred Sisters or helpers will be given priority
- Instructing or coaching experience in other sports
- Strong mountain bike skills
- Local trail knowledge
- Guest service or sales experience
Wages are based on level of certification and experience.
Email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.