Becca has had lifelong passions for sport, fitness, and outdoor adventure. Having grown up in the suburbs of Toronto and spending summers at camp on Beausoleil Island in Georgian Bay, she was exposed to a vast array of athletic endeavours. It was during this time that her desire to share her experiences with others was also sparked. Attending university and playing varsity level sport in New Brunswick, she knew that more adventures lie ahead. After graduation, Becca moved out west for one ski season … this one season turned into a new life. It is here in the East Kootenay’s, almost 20 years later, she continues to live, work, and play!
Becca believes that we grow when we take calculated risks, have the courage to challenge our current conventions, and remain open to new opportunities.
“Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” – Paolo Coelho
- Invermere Beginner Weekly Program Tuesday May 1st to May 29th
- Invermere Intermediate Weekend Workshop May 19th & 20th
- Invermere, Panorama Maneuvering Downhill Sunday June 24th
- Invermere Getaway, Living the Saddle Dream Thursday September 20th to 23rd.
Relevant Education & Current Work
- Teacher (PE, Health, and Athletics) and Coach (Ski/Snowboard), David Thompson Secondary School – Rocky Mountain School District #6
- Co-owner, Bicycle Works
- Coach, Purcell Mountain Bike Club
- Master of Physical Education (Long-Term Athlete Development), Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education), University of New Brunswick
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, University of New Brunswick
- Level 3 Instructor, Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance
- Canadian Mountainbike Instructor Certification, North Shore School of Mountainbiking
- Technical Mountain Bike Coach, National Coaching Certification Program
- Indoor Cycling Certification, Keiser
- Spin Certification and Workshops, Can-Fit Pro
- Introduction to Bicycle Mechanics, United Bicycle Institute