This four week Beginner program is for women who have no experience on a mountain bike and would like to learn the fundamentals of riding in a fun, safe, professional, and supportive environment.
This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
*Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time. If not comfortable on gravel double track, private lesson would be ideal.
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Tuesday May 7th to 28th with Deanne & Jackie * Course full
- Monday June 3rd to 24th with Melanie * Course full
- Tuesday June 4th to 25th with Deanne * Course full
- Thursday July 4th to July 25th with Jackie
- Monday September 9th to 30th with Jackie *5:30pm-8pm (first two classes) & 5:30-7:30pm (last two classes) *Shorter classes reduced rate $215 + GST * Course full! Have a look at our weekend workshop
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 2.5 hours for 4 weeks from 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm
- Cost: $250 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
*Bike Rental Option: For anyone who would like to rent a bike for this course, Shred Sisters in partnership with Bow Cycle Calgary can offer you a discounted rental. Promo code will be provided to participants after program booking. Send us an email to request.
*Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time.
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Testimonial: Before taking this course, I thought of myself as a beginner/intermediate rider and came into it wanting to learn a few specific things. Well, I learned those few things within the first couple hours, and the rest of the weekend was bonus learning in my eyes! Lynsey was an absolute delight to have as an instructor. She was very detailed and clear when she explained things, had a great sense of humour, and was an absolute badass on her bike! It was amazing to watch her demonstrate different techniques – she made it all look so easy. It’s obvious that she has spent a lot of time developing and honing her skills. I hope I can rip down the trails like that in the future!
I really enjoyed Audrey’s beginner course! She was very patient and gave great instructions, especially for the technical aspect of the course!! I learned so much this weekend to help improve my off road riding and am excited to apply everything I’ve learned on my next ride!! Especially smoothly rolling over logs in my way!!! 🙂