This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
*Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time. If not comfortable on gravel double track, private lesson would be ideal.
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Thursday May 7th to May 28th, Coach by Tracey & Jackie Program Cancel
- Thursday June 4th to 25th, Coach Christine *Program full Email us to be added to the wait list.
- Tuesday June 16th to July 7th Coach by Laura *Program full Email us to be added to the wait list.
- Tuesday July 7th to 28th, Coach by Melanie *Program full Email us to be added to the wait list.
- Wednesday September 2nd to 23rd Coach by Laura * 5:30pm-8pm – last class 5:30-7:30pm
- Length: 2.5 hours for 4 weeks from 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm
- Cost: $260 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*Bike Rental Option: For anyone who would like to rent a bike for this course, Shred Sisters in partnership with Bow Cycle Calgary can offer you a discounted rental. Promo code will be provided to participants after program booking. Send us an email to request.
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Testimonial:Participating in the Shred Sisters beginner mountain biking course was incredibly valuable. I learned so many new skills and became much more comfortable on my bike. The course provided a great foundation to mountain biking which I will be able to build on into the future. My instructor Jackie was very knowledgeable and brought so much energy to our class which kept us all engaged and comfortable as we learned. Not only did I learn so many great biking skills but I also got the opportunity to meet like-minded women to bike with in the future. I had such an incredible time throughout this course and can’t wait to continue hitting the trails on my bike! I very much look forward to continuing on with my skill development through additional Shred Sister courses in the future.