This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
Skills & Fitness Level
- Skill Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level: Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Wednesday May 19th– June 9th – 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm – with Laura & Alison * course full
- Tuesday June 8th to June 29th – 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm -with Evangeline * course full
- Wednesday July 7th to 28th -6:15 pm to 8:45 pm – with Evangeline * course full
- Thursday Sept 2nd to 23rd – 5:30pm-8pm – last class 5:30-7:30pm * course full email us to be added to the waiting list
- Length: 2.5 hours * Fall programs are different
- Cost: $270 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*Bike Rental Option: For anyone who would like to rent a bike for this course, Shred Sisters in partnership with Bow Cycle Calgary can offer you a discounted rental. Promo code will be provided to participants after program booking. Send us an email to request.
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ email@example.com or call us 403-688-1055.
Thankfully biking is not cancelled due to Covid! This beginner bike course was the perfect opportunity to push myself out of my comfort zone in a safe manner. The combination of skills at the start of the class and then apply the skills riding trails inside the city is a great fit. Having four back to back weeks of class meant we could build our skills each week. Laura was an enthusiastic and uplifting coach. She made you want to dig in and get up a hill and cheered along with you as you made it down something steeper than you thought you could.
Participating in the Shred Sisters beginner mountain biking course was incredibly valuable. I learned so many new skills and became much more comfortable on my bike. The course provided a great foundation to mountain biking which I will be able to build on into the future. My instructor Jackie was very knowledgeable and brought so much energy to our class which kept us all engaged and comfortable as we learned. Not only did I learn so many great biking skills but I also got the opportunity to meet like-minded women to bike with in the future. I had such an incredible time throughout this course and can’t wait to continue hitting the trails on my bike! I very much look forward to continuing on with my skill development through additional Shred Sister courses in the future. -Courtney
My boyfriend mountain bikes a lot and I’d only gone out twice before registering for Shred Sisters and everything about it was so hard. Shred Sisters taught me all the skills and techniques I needed to actually have fun on the trails and gain confidence in riding. After just a couple classes, I was already doing so much better and having way more fun. Our instructor, Christine, was wonderful and brought so much positivity and knowledge to the group; and the small class sizes were perfect for learning and meeting new people. I highly recommend Shred Sisters – I probably wouldn’t have continued going biking with my boyfriend otherwise.