The program will start with a morning of mountain bike skills in an open green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned.
Our weekend workshops are the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lift
- Location: Calgary AB & Bragg Creek
- Day 1 Fish Creek Park
- Day 2 Bragg Creek
- May 30-31st with Christine * Program full – Email us to be added to the wait list
- June 6th & 7th with Christine (Day 1 Bowmont – Day 2 Bragg Creek)* Program full – Email us to be added to the wait list
- June 20-21st with Christine * Program full – Email us to be added to the wait list
- September 12 & 26th with Melanie both class in Bragg Creek
- Length: 9:30am to 4pm with one hour lunch break
- Cost: $320 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 2 Green / Blue Experienced Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*If it is your first ever time mountain biking we suggest you take the Intro to Mountain Biking Course. If you have some cycling experience or an athletic background this course would suit you well
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
I did the beginner’s mountain biking workshop in Calgary, and it was fantastic. I really appreciated that I was able to do the course so close to home, and I now know some places I can easily go back to practice the skills I learned.
The small class size was great – it enabled our group to get to know one another and really cheer each other on! I also felt that because of our small group size, we were able to get much better individual feedback from the instructor.
I would most definitely recommend this course!
Beginners’ Program was amazing!! I’m so excited about mountain biking now. I’m very excited to practice and developed the learned skills. I loved the program!!! Will be looking forward to signing up for another program with Shred Sisters.