This five week Beginner program is for women who have little or no experience on a mountain bike and would like to learn the fundamentals of riding in a fun, safe, professional, and supportive environment.
This program is offered one evening per week, for five consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lifts
- Location: Canmore, AB
- Tuesday May 7th to June 4th with Darlene * Course full
- Monday May 27th to June 24th with Darlene* Course full email us to be added to the wait list
- Monday July 15th to August 19th * no class on August 5th with Erin
- Monday September 2nd to 23rd with Audrey *5:30 pm-8 pm (first two classes) & 5:30-7:30 pm (last two classes) *shorter classes reduced rate $215 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 2.5 hours for 5 weeks from 6:30 pm to 9 pm
- Cost: $285 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 1 Green Beginner and Level 2 Green / Blue Experienced Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Testimonial: Before taking this course, I thought of myself as a beginner/intermediate rider and came into it wanting to learn a few specific things. Well, I learned those few things within the first couple hours, and the rest of the weekend was bonus learning in my eyes! Lynsey was an absolute delight to have as an instructor. She was very detailed and clear when she explained things, had a great sense of humour, and was an absolute badass on her bike! It was amazing to watch her demonstrate different techniques – she made it all look so easy. It’s obvious that she has spent a lot of time developing and honing her skills. I hope I can rip down the trails like that in the future!
I really enjoyed Audrey’s beginner course! She was very patient and gave great instructions, especially for the technical aspect of the course!! I learned so much this weekend to help improve my off road riding and am excited to apply everything I’ve learned on my next ride!! Especially smoothly rolling over logs in my way!!! 🙂