This program is offered one evening per week, for five consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lift
- Location: Cranbrook BC
- Dates: Registration open March 1st
- Wednesday April 22nd to May 20th coach by Julie
- Thursday April 30th to May 28th coach by Lisa
- Wednesday Sept 2nd to 30th coach by Lisa * Earlier Start 6-8pm -first 3 classes & 5:30pm-7:30pm last two classes- Cost:
- Length: 2.5 hours for 5 weeks from 6:30 pm to 9 pm
- Cost: $295 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 1 Green Beginner and Level 2 Green / Blue Experienced Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
I did the 5 week beginner course and didn’t realize I needed this course as much as I did, turns out, there’s a lot of technique involved in biking. Before I’d just pedal and hope for the best ?
I had a super fun group with the best possible instructor. Becca, what a rock star! She helped me get up those hills and feel more confident on cornering. I can also go up a curb or over a small log without getting off my bike now ?? Looking forward to the intermediate one next year.