This weekend workshop is for women who have little or no experience on a mountain bike and would like to learn the fundamentals of riding in a fun, safe, professional, and supportive environment.
The program will start with a morning of mountain bike skills in a open green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practise what we’ve learned.
Our weekend workshops are the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lifts
- Location: Calgary AB & Bragg Creek
- Day 1 Fish Creek Park
- Day 2 Bragg Creek
- May 26th & 27th, Coach by Deanne
- June 23rd & 24th, Coach by Laura Karl
- July 21st & 22nd,
- Saturday September 8th & 15th, Coach by Laura Karl
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 9:30am to 4pm with one hour lunch break
- Cost: $299 + GST
- Level: Beginner* & Beginner with experience
Registration open march 1st
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*If it your first ever time mountain biking we suggest you to take the Intro to Mountain Biking Course. If you have some cycling experience or an athletic background this course would suit you well.
- A complimentary Yoga session will be offered during the weekend
• This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
I did the beginner’s mountain biking workshop in Calgary, and it was fantastic. I really appreciated that I was able to do the course so close to home, and I now know some places I can easily go back to to practice the skills I learned.
The small class size was great – it enabled our group to get to know one another and really cheer each other on! I also felt that because of our small group size, we were able to get much better individual feedback from the instructor.
I would most definitely recommend this course!