This weekend workshop is for women who have little or no experience on a mountain bike and would like to learn the fundamentals of riding in a fun, safe, professional, and supportive environment.
The program will start with a morning of mountain bike skills in an open green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned.
Our weekend workshops are the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lifts
- Location: Invermere, BC
- May 25th & 26th with Audrey
REGISTRATION OPEN MARCH 1ST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 9:30 am to 4 pm with one-hour lunch break
- Cost: $320+ GST
- Skills Level: Suited for Level 1 Green and Level 2 Green/Blue Experienced Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- A complimentary Yoga session will be offered during the weekend
• This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Shred Sisters introductory beginner two-day course was an excellent opportunity to build on my very limited mountain biking skills, increase confidence on the trails, and provide some basic education on how to understand the physic of y bike. The presentation styles of the instructors, live demos and “in the moment” feedback in a women’s only setting was fabulous! I would highly recommend your course to any women starting out in mountain biking! Well done ladies! Keep up the stellar work!