This program is offered one morning per week, for five consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lift
- How to change a flat tire
- Skill Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level: Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
- Location: Golden BC
- Length: 2.5 hours for 5 weeks
- Cost: $310 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
Today I finished my beginners 5 weeks course with Jess. It was amazing experience and I am not that sad anymore that ski season is over – this bike stuff is fun too! Thank you for encouragement, tips, skills and laughs! – Michaela Misha Paule
Loved the program! Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to build their confidence as a rider! I loved how patient and encouraging the atmosphere was. I definitely felt encouraged to push myself and learned so so much! Thanks for an awesome course Julianne Smalley