This program is offered one morning per week, for five consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
*Pre-Requisite: must be comfortable riding double track gravel trails and to expect to ride single track trail 90% of the time. If not comfortable on gravel double track, private lesson would be ideal. Have a mountain bike: 2.3 inch tire with disc brake.
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lift
- How to change a flat tire
- Skills Level: Level 1 Green Beginner and Level 2 Green / Blue Experienced Beginner
- Fitness Level Minimum Requirement: Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Location: Golden BC
- Tuesday May 18-June 15th- 6:00pm to 8:30pm – with Brittney
REGISTRATION OPEN MARCH 1ST
- Length: 2.5 hours for 5 weeks
- Cost: $310 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Today I finished my beginners 5 weeks course with Jess. It was amazing experience and I am not that sad anymore that ski season is over – this bike stuff is fun too! Thank you for encouragement, tips, skills and laughs!
Michaela Misha Paule
Loved the program! Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to build their confidence as a rider! I loved how patient and encouraging the atmosphere was. I definitely felt encouraged to push myself and learned so so much! Thanks for an awesome course