This course is one evening per week, for five weeks. During each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skills development followed by a trail ride to apply what we’ve learned.
Our five week intermediate program is the perfect way to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Review of Stance and Balance
- Review of Shifting and Braking
- Wheel lifts
- Cornering Switchback and High Speed
- Roll Down Lunge Maneuverer
- Descending Strategy
- Straight Line Riding
- Technical Climbing
Skills & Fitness Level
- Skill Level: Level 3/ Blue Intermediate
- Fitness Level: Fitness Level 4
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Location: Canmore, AB *Note that some places in Canmore are paid parking
- PM: Evening Class: 6:00pm- 8:45pm
- AM: Morning Class: 9:30am-12:15pm
- PM: Fall Evening Class: 5:30pm – 8:00pm – Last Class 5:30pm – 7:30-pm
- Length: 2h 45mins
- Cost: $345 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Cancellation Policy: Please review our cancellation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ email@example.com or call us 403-688-1055.
Such a great program to help build confidence. I learned tons of skills I can actually apply moving forward. Some of them I picked up right away and some of the skills learned I can take with me and practice. From someone who was too scared to go down anything “steep” to being able to do rolls and slabs was amazing.
I started riding one year ago, and I’ve now taken two courses with Audrey Duval (beginner and intermediate). Before the courses I was walking everything! Now I have the confidence and skills to at least try to keep up with friends who have been biking for over ten years on intermediate and advanced trails! Audrey has a fantastic attitude and is very knowledgeable about the sport. Thanks, Audrey! – Teresa Holmes
Nicole did an excellent job explaining skills with demos and then giving us feedback on how to improve our skills. I really liked how she switched us up to lead on trails and the gave us feedback on how we rode after.
I haven’t been on a mountain bike for several years. Taking the intermediate course has helped provide me with the tools and techniques to ride trails that I would once never even think of riding. Audrey was extremely encouraging and helpful throughout the duration of the program and took the time to help and provide feedback to every rider in the group. I have been already talking to friends about the program and would recommend it to anyone at any level who is looking to improve their riding skills. Thanks! – Kerri Dance