This program is offered one evening per week, for five consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
- Wheel Lifts
- How to change a flat tire
Skills & Fitness Level
- Skill Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level : Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
- Location: Canmore, AB *Note that some places in Canmore are paid parking
- Tuesday May 17th to June 21st * no class on 31st – coach by Jessica
- Time: 6:00pm- 8:30pm
- Length: 2.5 hours
- Cost: $325 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Cancellation Policy: Please review our cancellation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Require a bike rental? As a participant, you can book through Rebound Cycle and you will receive 20% off. Email us for the coupon code, once booked you will receive all the information required one week prior to the class.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
Erin was amazing! For a beginner class, she had the perfect mix of challenging us while make sure we were still enjoying ourselves! Her instructions and demonstrations were easy to follow and she definitely helped build confidence in everyone in the class through her constant feedback and encouragement! This was my second class with Shred Sisters and I’m certain I’ll be back to take another one soon.
I really enjoyed Audrey’s beginner course! She was very patient and gave great instructions, especially for the technical aspect of the course!! I learned so much this weekend to help improve my off road riding and am excited to apply everything I’ve learned on my next ride!! Especially smoothly rolling over logs in my way!!! 🙂 – Joanna Maurice
Before taking this course, I thought of myself as a beginner/intermediate rider and came into it wanting to learn a few specific things. Well, I learned those few things within the first couple hours, and the rest of the weekend was bonus learning in my eyes! Lynsey was an absolute delight to have as an instructor. She was very detailed and clear when she explained things, had a great sense of humour, and was an absolute badass on her bike! It was amazing to watch her demonstrate different techniques – she made it all look so easy. It’s obvious that she has spent a lot of time developing and honing her skills. I hope I can rip down the trails like that in the future!
I came to the course struggling with my climbing and cornering. With the instruction on body position, technique and a ton of encouragement, I’m leaving as a stronger, more confident rider & climber.