This five week course is for women who have taken the beginner program or have been riding for a few years and are comfortable on blue trails. A fun filled course that will improve your bike handling skills while connecting you with like-minded women.
This course is one evening per week, for five weeks. During each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skills development followed by a trail ride to apply what we’ve learned.
Our five week intermediate program is the perfect way to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Stance and Balance
- Shifting and Braking
- Straight Line Riding
- Roll Down Lunge Maneuver
- Descending Strategy
- Technical Climbing
- Cornering Switchback and High Speed
- Location: Calgary/Bragg Creek, AB (2 Classes in Calgary/Fish Creek ) & 3 Classes in BraggCreek)
- Thursday May 9th to June 6th Laura & Tracey * course full email us to be added to our wait list or have look at our weekend workshop
- Wednesday June 5th to July 3rd with Tracey* Course full email us to be added to our waitlist
- Thursday September 5th to 26th with Tracey *5:30-8pm (first two classes) 5:00-7:30 pm (last two last )shorter classes reduced rate $230+GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 3 hours from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Cost: $320 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 3/ Blue Intermediate
- Minimum Fitness Level: Fitness Level 3
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
I started riding one year ago, and I’ve now taken two courses with Audrey Duval (beginner and intermediate). Before the courses I was walking everything! Now I have the confidence and skills to at least try to keep up with friends who have been biking for over ten years on intermediate and advanced trails! Audrey has a fantastic attitude and is very knowledgeable about the sport. Thanks, Audrey!
I haven’t been on a mountain bike for several years. Taking the intermediate course has helped provide me with the tools and techniques to ride trails that I would once never even think of riding. Audrey was extremely encouraging and helpful throughout the duration of the program and took the time to help and provide feedback to every rider in the group. I have been already talking to friends about the program and would recommend it to anyone at any level who is looking to improve their riding skills.