This weekend course is for women who have taken the beginner program before or have been riding for a few years and are interested in improving their mountain biking skills. It is also an amazing opportunity to meet like-minded riding buddies.
The program will start the day with a morning of mountain bike skills sessions in a green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned.
Our weekend workshop is the perfect way to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Review of Stance and Balance
- Review of Shifting and Braking
- Straight Line Riding
- Roll Down Lunge Maneuver
- Descending Strategy
- Technical Climbing
- Cornering Switchback and High Speed
- Location: Kimberley Bc
- June 1st & 2nd with Julie
REGISTRATION OPEN MARCH 1ST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- Length: 9:30am to 4pm with one hour lunch break
- Cost: $320 + GST
- Skills Level: Level 3/ Blue Intermediate
- Minimum Fitness Level: Fitness Level 3
What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- A complimentary Yoga session will be offered during the weekend
• This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers.
Last weekend I attended the Intermediate course in Bragg Creek. I went into it with the goal of building my confidence on a bike – and I did just that! The highlight for me was the time spent sessioning sections of trail. On regular rides if I miss a section there is pressure to hop back on and keep riding without really mastering the section. The supportive atmosphere and instruction on the trail took the pressure off and really let me work on the skills I was lacking. Great women and a great weekend!