Coach in Kimberley
Starting off with road biking in university, Andrea’s biking branched off and she fell in love with mountain biking. So much so that she moved to Kimberley, BC in order to be able to bike right from her back door. Andrea grew up in Saskatchewan, she also has a background in coaching rowing. An impressive rider, Andrea has even figured out how to simultaneously snack and ride (if you’re lucky enough to take a class with her, she might teach you!). Focusing on a little bit of practice going a long way, she works hard to have her students leave with new skills.
- PMBIA Level 1
- Wilderness first Aid 40 hours
About Andrea Ell
- When did you first start riding and how did you get into it? When looking to upgrade my commuter bike I found a great deal on a used road bike and my sister-in-law convinced me to join a women’s road bike club with her. I loved it and quickly wanted to try all the other disciplines.
- Where do you call home? Grew up in Saskatchewan and have called Kimberley home since 2017.
- What’s the best thing about mtb for you? There is so much happening at once. It is a good way to clear my mind, feel progression and have fun.
- How long have you been coaching? I spent three seasons instructing for Spoke n’ Hot, a women’s road bike club and various other local groups. I taught how to ride in pacelines and communicate with each other. It can be so rewarding (and so efficient) when a group gets it right. Prior to that I coached learn-to-row programs
- Favourite trail? Very tough question because there are so many. If I had to choose, probably Seven Summits in Rossland, BC.
- Favourite after ride drink? Anything with electrolytes. I am constantly trying to stay hydrated.
- What do you want your students to gain from your coaching/teaching? That a little bit of skills practice goes a long way