This course is one evening per week, for five weeks in the spring & four weeks in the fall. During each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skills development followed by a trail ride to apply what we’ve learned.
Our weekly intermediate program is the perfect way to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Review of Basic Body Positions
- Review of Shifting and Braking
- Pumping / Pressure Control
- Roll Down Maneuverer
- Wheel lifts
- Cornering Switchback and High Speed
- Descending Strategy /Line selection
- Technical Climbing
Skills & Fitness Level
Intermediate: You are a capable rider with a fair amount of experience on a mountain bike and/or have taken a course or two before. You are able to ride any green and most blue trails with confidence. You can climb and descend under control on moderately steep singletrack, are comfortable and confident rolling over small obstacles, and may have experimented with black trails. You occasionally find challenging sections, however you know when to walk a section that might be too difficult. You are looking to tackle these challenging sections, to increase confidence on challenging blue trails, and improve your skill through roots and rocky sections.
- Example of trails you can ride: CBT, Mountain Shadow Blue trails, Merlin, 727, Family Guys, Ridgeback, Juniper Heights, Arch potential, Johnson trails, Magic Line, Horseshoe, Montane, Lower Turkey, Ewok, Elephant Run, FiftySiz Twenty, FlowDown
- Example of trails you may ride in this course: Mighty Queen, Kobe, Highline, part of Horseshoe, part of Montane, Traverse, Kloosifier/Johnson, Race of Spade, SHAFT, Full ThunderTurkey, Shapeshifter, RollerCoaster, Tantrum, Loggin Leftovers,
FITNESS LEVEL 4
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding in a day requiring up to 3-hours of pedal time.
- You are capable of climbing up to 200 vertical metres (650 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 5-hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read and Agreed to our Waiver
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
Program Dates & Location
- Monday April 24th to May 29th * no class on 22nd – with Laura
- Monday May 15th to June 19th Morning program *no class on 22nd – with Laura
- Thursday June 1st to 29th – with Lucinda
- Tuesday Sept 5th to 26th – with Laura
- Spring 6:00pm- 8:30pm
- Fall 5:30PM-8PM – Last class 5:30PM-7:30
Trail Cycling Club Membership Kimberley Trails Society
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Length: 2.5 hours – 5 consecutive weeks in the spring & 4 weeks in the fall
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
* We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
This was my first Shred Sisters course and I loved it! Laura is an amazing instructor, is super knowledgable and I learned SO many new techniques that have already made such a difference in my riding and confidence on the bike! I feel confident to try things that I might not necessarily have before, like going over small features, and trying to not avoid roots and bigger rocks, and I’m feeling really good about steep sections now that I know to “drop my heels” and that I SHOULD use both breaks sometimes. Climbing has gotten much easier now that I’m at least trying to do it properley and not burning myself out as fast. Unlearning those couple of bad habits has been so helpful. I liked that the group size was smaller, so there was time for each of us to get feedback/ask questions. Also thought the length of each session was really good. There was enough time to really cover what we were working on and then be able to practise and apply on a ride. Really, really enjoyed it, loved meeting the other girls in the course and thought it was well structured and such a good investment. Will definitely be doing another one!
I am so glad I went with a Shred Sisters program! The instruction and demonstration of concepts was clearly broken down into manageable pieces in order for us to understand better and be able to implement what we were taught. The instant feedback on riding techniques while being followed by Robyn was incredible. Robyn was a great instructor and we had a blast learning from her. My overall experience was great and I would 10/10 recommend Shred Sisters to any of my gal pals!
Laura has been an amazing instructor through the two courses I’ve taken with her. She has helped me gain confidence and improved my technique on the trails. She had an amazing teaching style and is always approachable. Would highly recommend a course with Shred sisters!
I’ve been Mt biking for years and didn’t realize some basic mistakes I was making.They we’re holding me back from improving my skills. This course pointed out my errors and showed me the road to fix them. I highly recommend this course.
As an “emerging” recreational mountain biker, I am so grateful that the Shred Sisters program exists to support the development of solid, safe riding skills! I have so enjoyed the opportunity to progress in my climbs (way less walking!), gain confidence in descending, and to learn more about my bike! This program leaves me feeling good about the new skills that I have gained, as well as eager to continue to learn more! Laura is an amazing coach – so confident and humble, she provides very clear explanations, alongside a very encouraging attitude! As a repeat Shred Sisters participant, I clearly I think highly of the program and the incredible coaches! I look forward to participating in future Shred Sister courses!