Why You’ll Love This Course
Our downhill clinic is the perfect way to get into downhill mountain biking, improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
Skills & Fitness Level Required
- Dual Suspension Bike * minimum 5 inch of travel
- Your bike should have disc brakes, in good working condition that were serviced within the past year
- Full Face Helmet
- Arm/Leg Protection highly recommended
Intermediate: You are a capable rider with a fair amount of experience on a mountain bike and/or have taken a course or two before. You are able to ride any green and most blue trails with confidence. You can climb and descend under control on moderately steep singletrack, are comfortable and confident rolling over small obstacles, and may have experimented with black trails. You occasionally find challenging sections, however you know when to walk a section that might be too difficult. You are looking to tackle these challenging sections, to increase confidence on challenging blue trails, and improve your skill through roots and rocky sections.
Example of trails you can ride: CBT, Mountain Shadow Blue trails, Merlin, 727, Family Guys, Ridgeback, Juniper Heights, Arch
FITNESS LEVEL 4
You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding in a day requiring up to 3-hours of pedal time.
You are capable of climbing up to 200 vertical metres (650 ft.) in a day.
You exercise on average 5-hours per week.
Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
Review of Basic Body Positions
High Speed Cornering
Review of efficient braking on a downhill
Pumping / Pressure Control
Riding Technical Terrain
Descending Strategy /Line selection
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Cancellation policy: Read Cancellation Policy Here
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85.
- Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited.
- Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Location: Kicking Horse Mountain Resort/ Golden, BC
- Saturday, July 20th with Brittney
- $209 + GST without lift ticket
- $265 + GST including lift ticket
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
- 9:30am – Check-in/ Bike Check Skills Session & Review
- 11:00am – On Hill Instruction
- 12:30pm – Lunch (not included)
- 1:15pm –4:00pm Guided Ride/ On Hill Instruction
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?
I wish I had signed up sooner!
I started mountain biking last year with a Shred Sisters intro course. This year, I took it to the next level with a downhill course. As a woman in my mid-forties, I never imagined learning this sport so late in life, but Shred Sisters makes everyone feel comfortable and confident. So happy I had this opportunity and look forward to more fun times with the gals in the future!
When it all clicks! I felt like my day on kicking horse was one of the first times that everything clicked! Physical – mentally and skills! The downhill course built on skills and allowed me to progress. It was the best day I’ve had on a mountain ever and my coach was supportive and made me feel comfortable pushing some boundaries. It was such a great day!