Why You’ll Love This Course
In this course we will break down the technique for drops & execute them safely.
Our Drops & Steeps the perfect way to improve your downhill technique, gain more confidence in steep, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
Skills & Fitness Level Required
You have taken lessons before and can ride almost anywhere. All green and blue trails are ridden with a high level of confidence and you feel comfortable riding some black runs. You are familiar and at ease on a variety of terrain including roots, rocks, and technical trail features. You are looking to up your game and improve your style, getting more comfortable with steeper trails, doing jumps and drops, high speed cornering. Skills you want to learn: Wheelies, Jumps & Drops.
Example of trails you can ride: 727, Family guys, Race of Spade, Prospector, Kloosifier, Blue Trails on Mountain Shadows, Flowdown, Loggin Leftovers, Fifty Six Twenty, Tantrum south
Example of trails that will take your skills up a notch: Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers, Terminator, Rock the Flume, LSD, 3K, Cliff Side, Super Happy Fun, Sex on The Beach, UFC, UpperBoondocker, Hula Girl
FITNESS LEVEL 5
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-3 hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding a day requiring up to 4-hours of pedal time.
- You are confident climbing up to a total of 300 vertical metres (1,000 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 6-7 hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
Review of Basic Body Positions
Review of Wheel Lifts
Intro to Drop
learning different Line selection
Technical Descending strategy
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Cancellation policy: Read Cancellation Policy Here
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85.
- Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited.
Program Dates, Time, Location & Instructor
- Saturday, May 25th – with Suzanne
Participants should be comfortable pedalling for about 2-3 hours
- Saturday, May 25th – with Melissa (TBC) *The course will be confirmed on April 16th. You will be able to register at that time.
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Length: 9:30am-4:00pm* with a 45 minutes lunch break
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?Get in Touch Here
Would recommend it to anyone!
Fantastic Weekend! I learned so much. My confidence is higher. Super excited for DH this summer! Wish I could take another course right away! The instructors Becca and Audrey truly were amazing. Very encouraging and kind. They made you feel awesome and treated you as a friend. I loved it and can’t wait for another camp!