In this course we will break down the technique for jumps to execute them safely.
Our Intro to Jumping & Pumping the perfect way to learn how to get air on your mountain bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Pumping/ pressure control
- High speed cornering
- Review of wheel lifts
- Review basic body position
- Review of efficient braking downhill
- Understanding different line options
Skills & Fitness Level
Strong Intermediate: You have taken lessons before and can ride almost anywhere. All green and blue trails are ridden with a high level of confidence and you feel comfortable riding some black runs. You are familiar and at ease on a variety of terrain including roots, rocks, and technical trail features. You are looking to up your game and improve your style, getting more comfortable with steeper trails, doing jumps and drops, high speed cornering. Skills you want to learn: Wheelies, Jumps, Drops, Speed, Steeper Terrain
Example of trails you can ride: 727, Family guys, Race of Spade, Prospector, Kloosifier, Blue Trails on Mountain Shadows, Flowdown, Loggin Leftovers, Fifty Six Twenty , Tantrum south
Example of trails that will take your skills up a notch: Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers, Terminator, Rock the Flume, LSD, 3K, Cliff Side, Super Happy Fun, Sex on The Beach, UFC, UpperBoondocker, Hula Girl
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-3 hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding a day requiring up to 4-hours of pedal time.
- You are confident climbing up to a total of 300 vertical metres (1,000 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 6-7 hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Must be able to lift front, rear and both wheel at the same time.
- Rider must be comfortable on all blue trails & ready to do some black trails or have try a few before.
Equipment Needed for Downhill Clinic:
- Dual Suspension Bike * minimum 5 inch of travel
- Full Face Helmet
- Arm/Leg Protection highly recommended
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
- Location: Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- $199 + GST without lift ticket
- $250 + GST including lift ticket.
- Downhill Mid Week Special
- $165 + GST without lift ticket
- $216 + GST with lift ticket
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- 9:45am – Check-in/ Bike Check Skills Session & Review
- 11:00am – On Hill Instruction
- 12:30pm – Lunch (not included)
- 1:15pm –4:00pm Guided Ride/ On Hill Instruction
We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
I had an amazing time! Audrey gave me the tips and confidence to push myself to try bigger things! The group of ladies was inspiring and created a great riding atmosphere. Can’t wait to go again!
I learned so much during the clinic I could not apply everything all at once, but I am confident it will all make sense within a few rides and that I will kick ass on the jumps really soon. It was also a great timing riding the hill with a group of rad ladies! Thanks Audrey
Fantastic Weekend! I learned so much. My confidence is higher. Super excited for DH this summer! Wish I could take another course right away! The instructors Becca and Audrey truly were amazing. Very encouraging and kind. They made you feel awesome and treated you as a friend. I loved it and can’t wait for another camp!