Why You’ll Love This Course
In this course we will review and break down how to safely execute Jumps on the trails and you will also learn how to “bunny hop” & manual.
Skills & Fitness Level Required
- Participants must have done our Strong Intermediate course Level 1 or Intro to Drops & Jumps prior to take this program.
- Must be able to lift front, rear and both wheel at the same time.
- Type of trail we may ride at Kicking Horse: Alpine Drops Zone, As the Crowe Flies, Time Travel, Rock & Roll’s (upper single black section), Swamp Donkey. The program will also be on blue trails, students should expect riding black trails during this course.
- Kicking Horse: Dual Suspension Bike with a minimum of 150mm travel and dual suspension.
- Skills Park Clinics: Your bike should have disc brakes, in good working condition that were serviced within the past year.
You are capable of riding almost anything, from single track to downhill. You are confident riding black trails and some double black. You have tried some jumps and small drops, and are comfortable on steeper technical terrain. You want to ride faster, be more stylish and more discerning in line selection to improve efficiency. Skills you are looking to learn and improve on: Steep climbs, Wheelies, Manual, Bunny hop, Nose, Medium Jump, and Medium Drop
Example trails you are capable to ride but still get challenge by: Cliff Side,10k, 5k, Prospector, Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers,
Example of trails that will challenge you: Razor Edge, Pioneer, Swan Donkey, No Respect, T-Dub, Rock the Flume, LSD, (features)
You have taken lessons before and can ride almost anywhere. All green and blue trails are ridden with a high level of confidence and you feel comfortable riding some black runs. You are familiar and at ease on a variety of terrain including roots, rocks, and technical trail features. You are looking to up your game and improve your style, getting more comfortable with steeper trails, doing jumps and drops, high speed cornering. Skills you want to learn: Jumps, Drops, Wheelies, Advanced Braking.
Example of trails you can ride: 727, Family guys, Race of Spade, Prospector, Kloosifier, Blue Trails on Mountain Shadows, Flowdown, Loggin Leftovers, Fifty Six Twenty, Tantrum south
Example of trails that will take your skills up a notch: Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers, Terminator, Rock the Flume, LSD, 3K, Cliff Side, Super Happy Fun, Sex on The Beach, UFC, UpperBoondocker, Hula Girl
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 3-4 hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding a day requiring up to 5-hours of pedal time.
- You can handle moderately steep climbs of up to a total of 500 vertical metres (1,650 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 7-9 hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
Review Jumping Technique
Introduction to Bunny Hop
Review Basic Wheel lifts
Introduction to Manual
Review of efficient braking
Step up & Step Down
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Cancellation Policy: Read Cancellation Policy Here
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85.
- Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited.
- Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
Kicking Horse Clinic Equipment Needed:
- Dual Suspension Bike * minimum 5 inch of travel
- Full Face Helmet
- Arm/Leg Protection highly recommended
- Location: Golden Skills Park or Kicking Horse
- Monday, May 27th – 6:00pm – 9:00pm – with Audrey – Skills Park
- Saturday, July 6th – Full Day – with Audrey – Kicking Horse
- Full Day: 9:30am- 4pm * with 45minutes to 1 hour lunch break
- Evening Clinic: 6-9pm
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?
Would recommend it to anyone!
Shred sister is a company I idol. Audrey as created something special and being in her course for the day was Inspiring. It takes out the intimidation the sport has, and gives you an awesome confidence. I’ve done two courses and both instructors adapted to my needs and was concerned about what I wanted to get out of the courses. And bring girls together in biking I think is just rad.
I learned so much during the clinic I could not apply everything all at once, but I am confident it will all make sense within a few rides and that I will kick ass on the jumps really soon. It was also a great timing riding the hill with a group of rad ladies! Thanks Audrey.