Weekend Strong intermediate course is a fun course filled with a range of skills and drills that will improve the way you handle your bike while connecting with like-minded Shred Sisters.
On day one the program will start the day with a morning of mountain bike skills sessions in a green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned. On day two there will be a small field session and the balance of the day will be on trails to learn new skills and apply everything you’ve learned throughout the weekend.
Our weekend workshop is the perfect way to improve your skills, add some style to your riding, be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Review of Basic Body Positions
- Review of Wheel Lifts
- Intro to Jumps
- Intro to Drops
- High Speed Cornering
- Pumping / Pressure Control
- Technical Climbing
- Advance Braking
- Line Choice/ Descending Strategy
Skills & Fitness Level
Strong Intermediate: You have taken lessons before and can ride almost anywhere. All green and blue trails are ridden with a high level of confidence and you feel comfortable riding some black runs. You are familiar and at ease on a variety of terrain including roots, rocks, and technical trail features. You are looking to up your game and improve your style, getting more comfortable with steeper trails, doing jumps and drops, high speed cornering. Skills you want to learn: Wheelies, Jumps, Drops, Speed, Steeper Terrain
Example of trails you can ride: 727, Family guys, Race of Spade, Prospector, Kloosifier, Blue Trails on Mountain Shadows, Flowdown, Loggin Leftovers, Fifty Six Twenty , Tantrum south
Example of trails that will take your skills up a notch: Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers, Terminator, Rock the Flume, LSD, 3K, Cliff Side, Super Happy Fun, Sex on The Beach, UFC, UpperBoondocker, Hula Girl
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-3 hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding a day requiring up to 4-hours of pedal time.
- You are confident climbing up to a total of 300 vertical metres (1,000 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 6-7 hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Must be able to lift front, rear and both wheel at the same time.
- Rider must be comfortable on all blue trails & ready to do some black trails or have try a few before.
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
Program Dates & Location
- May 26th – 27th & 28th – with Anne-Marie
This programs is slightly different then our other programs
- Friday Evening 6-9pm – Skills Session at Chestermere Bike Park
- Saturday 9:30am-12:30pm (all on trails)
- Sunday Field session in am & balance on trails (additional cost for shuttle)
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Time: 9:30 am to 4 pm with one hour lunch break
- * Bragg Creek programs is slightly different click on location to review specific details
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
I’ve been mountain biking for about 6 years but never had real instruction on how to do things, so I kind of bashed my way through a lot. Now I have the tools to stop bashing through stuff as much! I’m more confident on drops and I’m getting more air on jumps.