Our weekly strong intermediate program is the perfect way to improve your skills, add some style to your riding, be more confident on your bike, and have fun while connecting with like-minded Shred Sisters.
- Review of Basic Body Positions
- Review of Wheel Lifts
- Intro to Jumps
- Intro to Drops
- High Speed Cornering
- Pumping / Pressure Control
- Technical Climbing
- Advance Braking
- Line Choice/ Descending Strategy
Skills & Fitness Level
Strong Intermediate: You have taken lessons before and can ride almost anywhere. All green and blue trails are ridden with a high level of confidence and you feel comfortable riding some black runs. You are familiar and at ease on a variety of terrain including roots, rocks, and technical trail features. You are looking to up your game and improve your style, getting more comfortable with steeper trails, doing jumps and drops, high speed cornering. Skills you want to learn: Wheelies, Jumps, Drops, Speed, Steeper Terrain
Example of trails you can ride: 727, Family guys, Race of Spade, Prospector, Kloosifier, Blue Trails on Mountain Shadows, Flowdown, Loggin Leftovers, Fifty Six Twenty , Tantrum south
Example of trails that will take your skills up a notch: Jean Guy on the Rock, No homers, Terminator, Rock the Flume, LSD, 3K, Cliff Side, Super Happy Fun, Sex on The Beach, UFC, UpperBoondocker, Hula Girl
- You are capable of riding for multiple days in a row at a moderate pace for an average of 2-3 hours of pedal time each day. You could handle adding a day requiring up to 4-hours of pedal time.
- You are confident climbing up to a total of 300 vertical metres (1,000 ft.) in a day.
- You exercise on average 6-7 hours per week.
- Your exercise regime includes a combination of endurance training like riding a bike and strength training.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Must be able to lift front, rear and both wheel at the same time.
- Rider must be comfortable on all blue trails & ready to do some black trails or have try a few before.
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
Program Dates & Time
- Thursday May 18th to June 15th – with Anne-Marie
- Tuesday May 30rd to June 27th – with Anne-Marie
All class in Bragg Creek with one class in Chestermere Bike Park
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Length: 2h45 hours – 5 consecutive weeks* Fall programs are different
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
Great course! Lynsey was a great instructor. Seeing her performing on some of the wooden structures and showing us jumps and other skills was inspiring. This course absolutely increased my confidence in how to manage my bike and get what I want from it. I have highly recommended this course to others already and will be taking other course with Shred Sisters as my skill level increases. Thank you for an awesome program!
I was always afraid of the bike park. Skinnies, teeter totters, jumps those were the realm of the ‘expert’ riders or the crazy kids who have no fear of getting hurt! After my weekend course I find myself looking for features to roll over, ride off of or jump. I am already planning my next session to keep learning more! Mountain Biking is now more than just following friends on trails. Thanks Shred Sisters!
I went into this course so nervous and feeling down on my skills. By the end of the course I was having the best time and I feel super confident with my new skills! I can’t say enough good things about this course! Stoke is high!!!