Coach in Bragg Creek & Calgary
Anne-Marie is an exceptionally energetic and excited rider who has settled in Calgary from Quebec. Falling in love with riding after a group of friends convinced her to try it, she’s always optimistic with a smile on her face and unlimited energy to boot! Her coaching is centered around providing feedback to help her students improve: slow down so they can speed up.
- Level 1 & 2 PMBIA
- 16 hours first aid
- Chestermere & Bragg Creek Strong Intermediate Level 1 Thursday May 18th to June 15th
- Chestermere & Bragg Creek Strong Intermediate Level 1 Tuesday May 23rd to June 20th
- Chestermere & Bragg Creek Strong Intermediate Level 1May 26th- May 27th & 28th
- Bragg Creek Drops & Steep Sunday June 10th
About Anne-Marie Chantal
Anne-Marie loves that biking brings people together; the adrenaline rushes, the feelings of accomplishment, pushing the comfort zones to be more open, laughs, and high fives–what’s not to love?
- When did you first start riding and how did you get into it?
2008 had my first ride ever. Borrowed a bike from a friend and the group did a pretty advance ride where I saw how much fun this all was/could be. As I was in a turning point in my life that i thought it was a great time to be surrounded with big smiling people stoke to have accomplish something amazing and I was looking for that so bought my first bike and the rest is history
- What’s the best thing about mtb for you?
That’s a big question… Bringing the community together is a huge one for me and the adrenaline rush, the feeling of accomplishment, expanding my comfort zone, laugh and hugh fives! people people people
- How long have you been coaching?
2 years volunteering with a ladies biking club. (spin sister)
- What makes you, you? What’s your best quirk? Fun Fact about you or story?
I’m optimistic, always a smile on my face and I have unlimited energy.
- Favourite trail?
Usually it’s the last trail that I’ve accomplished a new feature on it… right at this moment, my favorite trail is Jean-Guy on Moose Mountain as I just clear the gap past the triple and that totally got me so stoke that it’s my latest accomplishment hence it’s my favorite trail
- Dream destination?
Anywhere new! Always up for an adventure on bikes
but I’d like to go ride Yukon and Alaska while visiting some friends
- What do you want your students to gain from your coaching/teaching?
More confidence, feeling that they can apply something into their riding and feeling that they are moving to the right direction of their goals
- What has been the most valuable piece of advice you’ve been given or received in mountain biking or any other sport?
-A good biker is always in control of their bike!