The day will start with basic information about the bike itself, simple on trail maintenance and ensure the bike is safe to use. We will end the morning with mountain bike skills in an open field and in the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned.
Our one-day clinic is the perfect way to get into mountain biking, improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
Skills & Fitness Level
- Skill Level: Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level: Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
- Location: Calgary, Canmore, Cranbrook & Invermere
- Length: 9:30 am to 3 pm
- Cost: $175 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
Cancelation Policy: Please review our cancelation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
Our knowledgable instructor was concise and thorough in all instructions, verbal as well as demonstrating it. For a total beginner at this sport I appreciated the logical build up of concept upon concept to get us to the point of climbing and descending our first trails – more or less successfully. I feel I’ve gained a lot of basic understanding (with a tad of confidence!) in just a few hours. Now, it’ll be about practising and applying these concepts 🙂 Great intro course for the older generation!