Why You’ll Love This Course
Learn and understand the basics of mountain biking so you can enjoy the sport safely and gain confidence on the trails.
The session will start with basic information about the bike itself, simple on trail maintenance and ensure the bike is safe to use. Follow by mountain bike skills in an open field and afterward we will hit the trails to practice what we’ve learned.
This clinic is the perfect way to get into mountain biking, improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
Skills & Fitness Level Required
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes in good working condition that were serviced within the past year
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
Double track = two trails that run parallel to each other (also called a quad trail).
Single track = a narrow mountain bike trail that must be ridden single file.
Green/ Beginner Without Experience: You want to learn to ride single track mountain bike trails while making new riding friends. You are comfortable to ride a road/urban/packed dirt/gravel double track bike. You are keen to learn the fundamental skills of mountain biking, build confidence, and progress in a safe and encouraging environment.
Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
Example of trails you may ride in this course: Quarry Lake, Low Line, Fish Creek, Bowmont, Moonraker trails, CBT, Déjà vu, Johnson trails, Lois Creeks Trails, Happy Haus, Pilsit, Elephant Run, Juniper Lane, Home Run, Miller Time, Dusty Beaver, Hemlock Groove.
FITNESS LEVEL 2
- You live a fairly sedentary life with little physical activity other than walking.
- You can handle a 1-hour bike ride on flat terrain at a relaxed pace.
- You can ride 1-day at a time then a day or two rest.
- Small, short hills are challenging to climb, but are sometimes manageable.
- You exercise on average 2-hour per week (including riding a mountain bike).
Basic Body Positions
Descending Strategy /Line selection
Bike Anatomy / Safety Check & basic bike maintenance
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Cancellation policy: Read Cancellation Policy Here
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85.
- Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited.
- Bike Rental Option: For anyone who would like to rent a bike for this course, Shred Sisters in partnership with Bow Cycle Calgary & Redound Cycle in Canmore can offer you a discounted rental. Promo code will be provided to participants after program booking. Send us an email to request.
Program Dates, Locations & Instructor
We haven’t scheduled any programs at this time. Please contact us to arrange a program for a private group or express your interest in us hosting a clinic.
- Tuesday, June 11th – 6:00pm-9:00pm – with Misha
- Wednesday, June 12th – 6:00pm-9:00pm – with Tanya
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Full Day: 9:30am to 4pm
- 3 hours clinics
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?Get in Touch Here
Outstanding experience! Am more confident, and more importantly, inspired !
The day long beginner’s course with Shred Sisters was so much fun! I can’t believe how much my confidence and skill improved in one day. Our instructor Jackie was really great and made everyone feel comfortable and excited about being out together in Fish Creek Park. I learned so much from her and I would 100% recommend this course.
I loved my course with shred sisters. Audrey is an amazing teacher! She explains things clearly and effectively, giving you the tools to take your riding to the next level. You just may be surprised at what you can do…I was, and am having all the more fun because of it!
I liked how Melanie let us do a skill over a few times – that was incredibly helpful and gave me the confidence to keep trying and hopefully figure out each skill as we went. I also loved that she showed us first so we could see what it should look like some of the rooty trails/hills were out of my league but I was totally comfortable walking my bike when I needed to. Melanie was an incredible instructor