This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Bike Body Position
- Braking & Shifting
- Roll Down Maneuverer & Pressure Control
- How to change a flat tire
Skills & Fitness Level
Double track = two trails that run parallel to each other (also called a quad trail).Single track = a narrow mountain bike trail that must be ridden single file.
Beginner Without Experience: You want to learn to ride single track mountain bike trails while making new riding friends. You are comfortable to ride a road/urban/packed dirt/gravel double track bike. You are keen to learn the fundamental skills of mountain biking, build confidence, and progress in a safe and encouraging environment.
Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
Example of trails you may ride in this course:: Quarry Lake, Low Line, Fish Creek, Bowmont, Moonraker trails, CBT, Déjà vu, Johnson trails, Lois Creeks Trails, Happy Haus, Pilsit, Elephant Run, Juniper Lane, Home Run, Miller Time, Dusty Beaver, Hemlock Groove.
FITNESS LEVEL 2
- You live a fairly sedentary life with little physical activity other than walking.
- You can handle a 1-hour bike ride on flat terrain at a relaxed pace.
- You can ride 1-day at a time then a day or two rest.
- Small, short hills are challenging to climb, but are sometimes manageable.
- You exercise on average 2-hour per week (including riding a mountain bike).
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver.
- All participants should have a cycling club membership where their program is taking place.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options.
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
Program Dates & Location
- Wednesday July 5th to 26th – with Lisa
Trail Cycling Club Membership WildHorse Cycling Club
- Tuesday June 6th to 27th – with Audrey
Trail Cycling Club Membership Golden Cycling Club
- Email us if you are interested in this program
Trail Cycling Club Membership Columbia Valley Cycling Club
- Wednesday May 17th to June 7th – with Andrea
Trail Cycling Club Membership Kimberley Trails Society
- Thursday June 8th to 29th – with Katherine
Trail Cycling Club Revelstoke Cycling Association
- Spring/Summer 6:00pm- 8:30pm
- Fall: 5:30pm-8:00pm – last class 5:30pm-7:30
- Length: 2.5 hours- 4 consecutive weeks * except fall program
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
I did the 5 week beginner course and didn’t realize I needed this course as much as I did, turns out, there’s a lot of technique involved in biking. Before I’d just pedal and hope for the best ?
I had a super fun group with the best possible instructor. Becca, what a rock star! She helped me get up those hills and feel more confident on cornering. I can also go up a curb or over a small log without getting off my bike now ?? Looking forward to the intermediate one next year. –Sarah Pasley