Why You’ll Love This Course
This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
Skills & Fitness Level Required
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes in good working condition
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
Double track = two trails that run parallel to each other (also called a quad trail).
Single track = a narrow mountain bike trail that must be ridden single file.
Green/ Beginner Without Experience: You want to learn to ride single track mountain bike trails while making new riding friends. You are comfortable to ride a road/urban/packed dirt/gravel double track bike. You are keen to learn the fundamental skills of mountain biking, build confidence, and progress in a safe and encouraging environment.
Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
Example of trails you may ride in this course:: Quarry Lake, Low Line, Fish Creek, Bowmont, Moonraker trails, CBT, Déjà vu, Johnson trails, Lois Creeks Trails, Happy Haus, Pilsit, Elephant Run, Juniper Lane, Home Run, Miller Time, Dusty Beaver, Hemlock Groove.
FITNESS LEVEL 2
- You live a fairly sedentary life with little physical activity other than walking.
- You can handle a 1-hour bike ride on flat terrain at a relaxed pace.
- You can ride 1-day at a time then a day or two rest.
- Small, short hills are challenging to climb, but are sometimes manageable.
- You exercise on average 2-hour per week (including riding a mountain bike).
Basic Body Positions
Pressure Control & Roll Down Maneuverer
Descending Strategy /Line selection
Bike Anatomy / Safety Check & basic bike maintenance
- All participants should have a cycling club membership where their program is taking place. Click on location below to get the information on which club you should have a membership.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50. Read Cancellation Policy Here
Program Dates & Locations
Trail Cycling Club Membership WildHorse Cycling Club
Trail Cycling Club Membership Golden Cycling Club
Trail Cycling Club Membership Columbia Valley Cycling Club
Trail Cycling Club Membership Kimberley Trails Society
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Spring/Summer 6:00pm- 8:30pm
- Fall: 5:30pm-8:00pm – last class 5:30pm-7:30
- Length: 2.5 hours – 4 consecutive weeks
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?Get in Touch Here
She was very patient and gave great instructions !
I did the 4week beginner course and didn’t realize I needed this course as much as I did, turns out, there’s a lot of technique involved in biking. Before I’d just pedal and hope for the best ?
I had a super fun group with the best possible instructor. Becca, what a rock star! She helped me get up those hills and feel more confident on cornering. I can also go up a curb or over a small log without getting off my bike now ?? Looking forward to the intermediate one next year. –Sarah Pasley