The program will start with a morning of mountain bike skills in an open green field. In the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned. Our weekend workshops are the perfect way to have an overview of mountain biking, and to improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- Basic Body Position
- Braking & Shifting
- Descending Strategy / Line Selection
- Roll Down Maneuverer
- Pressure Control
- How to change a flat tire
Skills & Fitness Level
Beginner With Experience: You have started riding single track mountain bike trails and are gaining confidence on a mountain bike. You are comfortable on smooth mellow singletrack and can ride the all green and some blue trails in your area. While you ride in control, you are seeking to be more efficient in your climbing/descending, shifting, braking, and cornering so you can navigate more challenging terrain and small obstacles safely.
- Example of trails you can ride: Quarry Lake, Low Line, Fish Creek, Bowmont, Moonraker trails, CBT, Johnson trails, Lois network in Kimberley, Happy Hans Loop, Mike’s Loop, South Star,Home Run, Miller Time, Dusty Beaver, Hemlock Groove.
- Example of trails you may ride in this course: Pneuma (easier section of this trail that are considered blue), Merlin, Sugar Daddy, Snagmore, Ridgeback, Horseshoe, Low line, CBT, Moonraker, Arch Potential, Juniper Heights, RollerCoaster, Blake’s Single Track, Elephant Run, Hemlock Groove, Stimulus
- You are capable of 2-hours of pedal time in a day at a relaxed pace, as long as there are several breaks.
- Riding for multiple days in a row sounds daunting, but you could handle 2 or 3 days of it at no more than 2-hours of pedal time per day.
- You can handle one or two easy climbs of up to 150 vertical metres (330 ft.) total.
- You exercise on average 3-hours per week (including riding a mountain bike).
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes
Each course has a different cancellation policy, all details information are written at the bottom of each course. Below are the two mains one, retreats, and custom program cancellation policy will be written within the contract or on advertise page.
Cancellation Policy – Programs
Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85. Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited. Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
In the event of mutual cancellation, a credit will be provided to another program or a replacement lesson will be provided.
If for medical reasons you cannot attend and you notify us 14 days prior to the start of the program, you will be eligible for a free transfer or credit with a note from your doctor. The free transfer can only be used once.
Transfer – Programs
Written requests of transfer 14 days or more prior to the program start date will be eligible for an administration fee of $50.
If a mistake is made while registering and you notify us within 24 hours of payment and 10 days prior to the course start date. No cost will be applicable for this change.
Program Dates & Location
Day 1 Calgary & Day 2 Bragg Creek
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Time: 9:30 am to 4 pm with one-hour lunch break
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
* We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Everything about the Shred Sisters weekend course was perfect. The instructors have an obvious love of all things mountain biking. They are skilled cyclists and teachers – providing just the right balance of fun and serious skill development. I can’t wait to continue to develop my abilities on the trails.