Why You’ll Love This Course
This program is offered one evening per week, for four consecutive weeks. Each week we will focus on a different skill. The lesson will start with an hour of skill development followed by a trail ride to practice what we’ve learned.
This weekly program is the perfect way to build your confidence, find flow on your bike, receive personalized feedback, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
Skills & Fitness Level Required
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes in good working condition that were serviced within the past year.
- All participants should have a cycling club membership where their program is taking place. Click on location below to get the information on which club you should have a membership.
Beginner With Experience: You have started riding single track mountain bike trails and are gaining confidence on a mountain bike. You are comfortable on smooth mellow singletrack and can ride the all green and some blue trails in your area. While you ride in control, you are seeking to be more efficient in your climbing/descending, shifting, braking, and cornering so you can navigate more challenging terrain and small obstacles safely.
- Example of trails you can ride: Quarry Lake, Low Line, Fish Creek, Bowmont, Moonraker trails, CBT, Johnson trails, Lois network in Kimberley, Happy Hans Loop, Mike’s Loop, South Star,Home Run, Miller Time, Dusty Beaver, Hemlock Groove.
- Example of trails you may ride in this course: Pneuma (easier section of this trail that are considered blue), Merlin, Sugar Daddy, Snagmore, Ridgeback, Horseshoe, Low line, CBT, Moonraker, Arch Potential, Juniper Heights, RollerCoaster, Blake’s Single Track, Elephant Run, Hemlock Groove, Stimulus
FITNESS LEVEL 3
- You are capable of 2-hours of pedal time in a day at a relaxed pace, as long as there are several breaks.
- Riding for multiple days in a row sounds daunting, but you could handle 2 or 3 days of it at no more than 2-hours of pedal time per day.
- You can handle one or two easy climbs of up to 150 vertical metres (330 ft.) total.
- You exercise on average 3-hours per week (including riding a mountain bike).
Basic Body Positions
Pressure Control & Roll Down Maneuverer
Descending Strategy /Line selection
Bike Anatomy / Safety Check & basic bike maintenance
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking our programs
- Must have Read & Agreed to our Waiver
- Cancellation policy: Read Cancellation Policy Here
- Written cancellation 14 days or more prior to the program will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of $85.
- Cancellation in writing less than 14 days prior to the program start date will not be refunded or credited.
- Programs under $150 cancellation fees are $50.
Program Dates, Time Locations & Instructor
Trail Cycling Club Membership Golden Cycling Club
- Tuesday, May 7th to 28th – 6:00pm-8:30pm – with Meagan
- Wednesday, September 4th to 25th – 5:30pm-8:00pm & last 2 classes 5:30pm-7:30pm – with Meagan
*This course can be offered on customized dates for groups of 4+ who want to learn with their friends.
- Length: 2.5 hours – 4 consecutive weeks
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
Not sure if this program is for you? Questions?Get in Touch Here
She was very patient and gave great instructions !
This course made a significant impact on my skills as an advanced beginner rider. Up until I took it, my boyfriend was trying to teach me what he knew but as he’s been riding for more then 20 years, he was unable to break down the basics for me which I’m sure would have led to his eventual frustration. After this course, I’m much more confident (and falling much less)!! Nicole is a very patient and fantastic instructor!
The weekly program was so key in developing my love for mountain biking and building a solid technical base. Prior to the course I always felt nervous and scared before hitting the trails, now I feel confident and in control. I can’t get enough of the sport now!
Everything about the course was fantastic and exceeded my expectations. Our instructors were knowledgeable, supportive, enthusiastic, fun and friendly. The balance between instruction time and practice rides was perfect and the size and dynamic of the group made it a really fun, safe and supportive environment for learning. I am very inspired by my Shred Sisters experience to continue learning and practicing and will definitely sign up for more courses. Many thanks to Alyssa and Dayna…they are awesome!! 🙂