The day will start with basic information about the bike itself, simple on trail maintenance and ensure the bike is safe to use. We will end the morning with mountain bike skills in an open field and in the afternoon we will hit the trails to go practice what we’ve learned.
Our one-day clinic is the perfect way to get into mountain biking, improve your skills, to be more confident on your bike, and have fun with your new Shred Sisters friends!
- Bike Anatomy/Safety Check, Bike Maintenance
- How to change a flat tire
- Stance & Balance
- Braking & Shifting
Skills & Fitness Level
- Skill Level: Suited for Level 1 Green Beginner
- Fitness Level: Fitness Level 2
- What level of mountain biker am I? Click Here for a detailed description.
- Must have read our booking information prior to booking one of our programs.
- Must be comfortable riding doubletrack gravel trails and to expect to ride singletrack trail 90% of the time.
- Must have a mountain bike with minimum 2.3″ tires, front suspension, and disc brakes.
- If you do not meet all of these prerequisites contact us for private lesson options
- Location: Calgary, Canmore, Cranbrook, Golden, Invermere Kimberley
- Calgary Monday May 16th – with Anne-Marie
- Calgary Saturday May 21st – with Sandy
- Calgary Friday June 3rd – with Anne-Marie
- Calgary Saturday June 18th – with Sandy
- Canmore Saturday May 28th with Dayna
- Canmore Sunday June 26th with Nicole
- Canmore Sunday July 17th with Jessica
- Cranbrook Saturday May 28th with Lisa
- Golden Saturday May 14th with Lucinda
- Invermere Sunday May 29th – with Lindsay
- Kimberley Saturday May 7th– with Ali
- Length: 9am to 4pm
- Cost: $179 + GST
- Ratio: 6 riders per instructor
*Bike Rental Option: For anyone who would like to rent a bike for this course, Shred Sisters in partnership with Bow Cycle Calgary & Redound Cycle in Canmore can offer you a discounted rental. Promo code will be provided to participants after program booking. Send us an email to request.
Cancellation Policy: Please review our cancellation policy. We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a program.
*This course can be offered to any bike clubs or groups wishing to learn mountain biking skills with their peers. Not sure if this program is for you? Questions? Email us/ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 403-688-1055.
I loved my course with shred sisters. Audrey is an amazing teacher! She explains things clearly and effectively, giving you the tools to take your riding to the next level. You just may be surprised at what you can do…I was, and am having all the more fun because of it!
Outstanding experience! Am more confident, and more importantly, inspired!
I liked how Melanie let us do a skill over a few times – that was incredibly helpful and gave me the confidence to keep trying and hopefully figure out each skill as we went. I also loved that she showed us first so we could see what it should look like some of the rooty trails/hills were out of my league but I was totally comfortable walking my bike when I needed to. Melanie was an incredible instructor
The day long beginner’s course with Shred Sisters was so much fun! I can’t believe how much my confidence and skill improved in one day. Our instructor Jackie was really great and made everyone feel comfortable and excited about being out together in Fish Creek Park. I learned so much from her and I would 100% recommend this course.