Originally from Quebec, Audrey Duval started skiing when she was 3 years old, so being in the Canadian Rockies has a lot of appeal to this petit brunette has a level 3 ski instructor/level 2 coach, and is an accomplished mountain bike and yoga instructor – her yoga practicing is tightly woven into her two other sports, as she knows the importance of yoga in her daily activities. “Yoga not only made me physically stronger, but also gives me clarity in my professional and personal life”, says Audrey.
In 2004 Audrey started road biking and a job in a bike shop landed her the first mountain bike experience – it was love at first trail! This happened in 2008, since 2013, Audrey is a certified mountain bike instructor, always ready to ignite your ride with her passion and enthusiasm.
As a result of her experience teaching women-only bike camps, Audrey decided to focus her energy to support other women in this male-oriented sport. Audrey started with the Dirt Series, now in her six summer, teaching mountain biking and leading bike and yoga retreat in Golden, BC and operating Shred Sisters full time.
Audrey loves to share her passion and see her clients’ smiles when they accomplished something they didn’t think it was possible. Audrey also loves to challenge herself in scary downhill trails, to push her limit and do things she didn’t think it was possible – maybe that’s the secret why she understands her clientele so well. She really enjoys technical trails, and for this summer she wants to attack bigger jump and perfect her manual and bunny hops technique.
As an instructor and coach, Audrey cares about her client’s goal and knows that technique is not all: “I like to understand where my clients are coming from and see how I can help them get over their fears, or do a feature, aspecific trail they didn’t thought they could do”, explains Audrey, adding that “as an expert skier and working toward my level 4 instructor, I found that one of my challenges is mental – and fear. What I am currently studying is how to unlock this mental challenge to become a better skier and be more relaxed… And how to apply it to mountain bike instruction.”
“Her goal is to offer a place for her students shin, impress themselves and at their turn and fall in love with the sport.”
Audrey 2018 Schedule:
- Golden Kick Start Retreat April 27th to April 29th * Currently full
- Golden Beginner Weekly Program Tuesday May 1st to May 29th
- Golden Intermediate Weekly Program Wednesday May 2nd to May 30th
- Golden Intermediate Weekend Workshop May 5th & 6th
- Canmore Intermediate Weekly Program Friday May 11th to June 15th *No class on May 18th
- Canmore Drop & Jump Clinic Sunday May 13th
- Invermere Beginner Weekend Workshop May 19th & 20th
- Calgary/Bragg Creek Intermediate Weekend Workshop May 26th & 27th
- Canmore Beginner Weekend Workshop June 2nd & 3rd
- Canmore Intermediate Maneuvering Program Monday June 4th to 25th
- Canmore Beginner & Intermediate Weekend Workshop June 16th & 17th
- Invermere, Panorama Intro Downhill Clinic & Maneuvering Downhill Sunday June 24th
- Canmore Advance Drops & Jumps Thursday July 5th
- Canmore Beginner & Intermediate Weekend Workshop July 7th & 8th
- Golden Kicking Horse Intro Downhill Clinic & Jumping Downhill Saturday July 14th
- Hinton Beginner & Intermediate Weekend Workshop July 28th & 29th
- Golden Kicking Horse Intro Downhill Clinic & Jumping Downhill Wednesday August 1st
- Golden Beginner Weekly Program Wednesday September 5th to October 3rd
- Invermere Getaway, Living the Saddle Dream Thursday September 20th to 23rd.
Audrey is also available for Private Lesson
- Pmbia 1 & 2
- Nccp Development – Level 2
- Ski Instructor level 3 & Ski Coach Level 2 – Park Certified
- Wilderness First Aid
- 200 Hrs Yoga Instructor
- Spin Instructor
Audrey is a great mountain biking instructor. She quickly built my confidence and skills so that I tackled more challenging terrain and now LOVE biking! Want to get better and have fun? Join Audrey’s class! I highly recommend her instruction.
Marty Avery // Career and Business Catalyst
I had the pleasure to take one of Audrey’s classes. She is a wonderful instructor! Very passionate and patient with my fears and doubts. She helped me not just improve my skills but also enjoy the trails more!
Helena Artmann // Director, Artmann Communications
Just finished Audrey’s climbing and cornering workshop and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Having taken a skills clinic in the past, I wasn’t just learning the same stuff over. Audrey and her support team had a few different tips for me to work on and try out in the trail as well! Thanks for a fantastic morning and for all the ladies that came out!